Do you think you need a tooth extraction treatment ? Maybe you’ve got a cracked tooth, a fractured one or maybe a seriously decayed tooth and you’re looking for a cure to relieve your pain. Worry no more. We can help. Addis Ababa Dental Clinic dentists and dental auxiliaries are available to treat you.
Tooth extraction treatment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tooth extraction also known as tooth removal is a dental surgery that consists in the removal of a damaged tooth. Dental extraction can be performed in case of tooth damage, dental caries and orthodontic treatment.
Our dental clinic Addis Ababa can help you with any dental problem, including toothache, gum disease, or even a complete dental makeover.
Furthermore, our tooth removal specialists offer painless tooth extraction in a modern, relaxing and stress-free environment.
How do you know that you need tooth removal treatment ?
You may experience mild to severe pain in your mouth and face if one or more of your teeth is broken, decayed or infected. In those cases, you may need to have your tooth extracted if you experience persistent toothache. However, a tooth extraction is not always necessary.
In addition, if your tooth is damaged beyond repair, if the tooth is in an unsuitable position, or if you have crowded teeth, your dentist might recommend an extraction.
See also : Wisdom tooth extraction in Addis Ababa
In general, the most common reasons to have a tooth extracted are :
- Tooth decay has led to extensive tooth damage and cavities.
- Gum infection accompanied by signs of periodontitis or caries.
- Root-canal treatment has failed
- Needed for orthodontic treatment
- Presence on dental abscess under or near a tooth
- Broken teeth are not suitable for tooth replacement
- An infected wisdom tooth
- Needed for dental implants, bridges, crowns and dentures
- You consent to a tooth extraction yourself.
Tooth removal surgery procedure at Addis Ababa Dental Clinic
Local anesthesia is used by our dental surgeons to perform tooth extractions so you won’t feel any pain during the surgery.
Your dentist will use a fine needle for injecting local anesthetic to the gum surrounding your tooth. Before beginning the procedure, the dental surgeon will make sure the area is completely numb.
Custom-made dental instruments will be used to gently loosen your tooth. You shall not feel any pain, but you should have a feeling of pulling or pushing. The dentist will then extract the tooth and proceed to stop bleeding.
If needed, the surgeon will cut the gum to expose the tooth before extraction. Sometimes, the dentist may also need to drill into the tooth or remove it from the jaw bone.
It is completely normal for these procedures to take some time. Dental surgery is intended to be efficient and accurate but not necessarily fast. Our dental professionals at Addis Ababa Dental Clinic have years of experience in all aspects of the dental extraction procedure.
What to do after your tooth is removed ?
To prevent infection and ensure a smooth healing :
- Keep the area around the missing teeth clean.
- Avoid hot foods, drinks, and mouthwashes for 24 hours.
- For at least two days, don’t touch, poke or prod the wound. For the next two days, rinse your mouth with warm, salty water at least four times daily.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects(don’t put any pressure on your jaw), drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Prefer soft foods until your teeth are able to chew harder foods.
- Regularly take over-the-counter painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen.
- Ice packs can be applied to the jaw to reduce swelling.
- If you do heavy manual work, you might need to take a full week rest and let your wound recover without interruption.
In case of abscess, excessive bleeding or pus draining from the wound, call immediately your dentist.
If you have any concerns or problems, the Addis Ababa Dental Clinic team is always here to help.
We are available on the +251 988447778. Feel free to contact Addis Ababa Dental Clinic for anything concerning dental extraction in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.