Are you looking for an aesthetic alternative to traditional metallic braces ? Then clear aligners may be suitable for you. Get in touch with the Addis Ababa Dental Clinic team for qualitative and affordable insivible teeth aligners treatments.
Invisalign treatment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Clear aligners are teeth straightening and alignment devices used to correct misaligned or crooked teeth. Their main difference with traditional braces is that invisible aligners are removable and are transparent.
This transparent feature of clear aligners is why they are referred to as discrete or invisible braces.
Invisible aligners are an excellent option for patients who have allergies to metals like stainless steel or who are looking for a discreet alternative to traditional metallic braces. Invisible teeth aligners are very comfortable, and almost undetectable.
No one will ever know that you are having an orthodontic treatment unless the person inspects your mouth very closely. You can also remove your clear aligners before eating and drinking as well as for brushing and flossing.
How do clear aligners works
Clear aligners apply constant pressure to specific teeth at different times to straighten them. By doing so, the braces move your teeth slightly to the desired position. The aligners are worn for one to two weeks each and then are replaced by the next in the series.
Routine checks will be performed by your dentist at the Addis Ababa dental clinic to assess the movement of the teeth throughout the treatment.
To achieve the best results, clear aligners must be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day. Remove them only for brushing, flossing, eating, and drinking beverages.
Invisible braces treatments we offer at Addis Ababa Dental Clinic
- Advanced Clear aligners. Advanced invisalign are the best option for patients who require moderate to complex teeth alignment corrections on a large number of teeth.
You will need between 12 and 30 aligners for advanced invisalign depending on the severity of your misalignments. Most cases take 11-18 months to complete and fully straighten teeth, while more complex cases may require from 22 to 36 months.
- Classic Clear aligners. Classic clear aligners are used for patients who need minor to moderate teeth alignments. It is a treatment suitable for minor movements of teeth. You will need fewer braces in order to move your teeth into the desired positions. Usually, the treatment takes approximately 3-8 months.
- Express aligners. It is an invisalign treatment used for patients who need to correct slight overcrowding or minor tooth malalignments. This method is quick and effective, uses approximately 7 aligners and the treatment takes around four months to completely align your teeth.
How effective are invisible teeth aligners
Nowadays, Invisible teeth aligners are widely used in cosmetic dentistry in replacement for traditional dental braces for aesthetic reasons. Their effectiveness is very satisfying for minor to moderate teeth misalignments problems.
However, for more complex or severe teeth displacements, your dentist may recommend you to choose traditional metallic braces instead of clear aligners.
Clear teeth aligners are used to treat dental problems including :
- Open bite
- Gap between teeth
- and crowded teeth
Pros and cons of Invisalign treatment
Advantages of clear aligners
- Discret. You can follow a teeth alignment treatment without letting everybody know.
- Comfortable and removable. In opposition to traditional braces, you can remove them when needed and replace them after. That helps you keep a healthier oral hygiene since they allow you to brush and floss freely.
- Straighten your Teeth Faster. For minor to moderate teeth alignments, clear aligners have proven to be up to two times faster than traditional braces.
- You feel more confident. Since they are “invisible”, people who wear invisalign braces encounter fewer difficulties interacting with others than people who wear traditional braces.
- Invisalign braces improve your oral health. Aligned teeth are easier to clean. In addition, you will need to brush and rinse your mouth more often: after every meal and after every drink different from water before putting on your clear aligners. That will lead you to have healthier oral hygiene.
Disadvantages of Invisalign
- Not for severely misaligned or crooked teeth. If you have extremely malaligned teeth your dentist will recommend a more suitable treatment.
- To help the aligners stay in place, buttons may be required.When placed on the back teeth, clear aligners may need buttons to stay in place. These buttons can cause slight discomfort when aligners are taken out for drinking and eating or interacting with people.
Cost of clear aligners in Addis Ababa
Invisible aligners prices vary from one patient to another. You need to contact a dentist in Addis Ababa to get the updated prices and the most suitable treatment for you.